More into Hana Yori Dango and Kgotboda Namja

I just finished the first season of Hana Yori Dango. Yeah, compare to the Taiwanese or Korean version, the Japanese Boys Over Flowers were released in two seasons. I don't know whether they wanted to make sure that the first season was doing well before the second season release.

So far I actually liked the Japanese version better than Korean one. I honestly didn't remember much about the Taiwanese version so it wouldn't be fair to include it as comparison. The setting of Hana Yori Dango (HYD) reminded me of Harry Potter. Some of the music was actually quite similar. There was a scene where Makino was lost in the huge mansion of Domyouji family and she got to this room that had three long tables like the one at Hogwart. And Makino said huh, what is this ? Harry Potter ?

The story line was also different even though they were adapted from same comic. Well of course. The Korean Tsukasa (aka Goo Joon Pyo) was portrayed as such a spoilt brat that when Jan Di lost the necklace Goo Joon Pyo gave her, he was so mad that he didn't want to talk to her. While Tsukasa was actually more reasonable.

I found the bullying scene in the school very disturbing. But the Korean version one just made me think, what kind of school was that. The first time Jan Di got the red F4 card, she was the target of her classmates egg throwing and flour dusting. There must be something about eggs and flour which I didn't quite get. That part was not too bad. But later on when set up Jan Di's bike on fire. I thought that was TOO MUCH. And no teachers did anything about that ? WTF. Yes, teachers were afraid of F4 because they WERE F4, but those kids that set up bike on fire were not F4.

Comments