Umai Savory Hotdogs

One morning my coworker came to me and asked if I would be interested in sharing a BOGO hotdog deal. Apparently he said this new hotdog brand from California just opened on Robson. So he went and grabbed us 2 truffle hotdogs. I think those are the most pricey ones at almost $16 a pop !

I wasn't impressed with the hotdog at all. Maybe if it was $5 then I wouldn't expect much. But at $16 I was expecting more than a normal hotdog with some shiitake mushroom topping. The ingredients listed included furikake, truffled aioli and teriyaki sauce. I didn't taste any of those, not even the teriyaki sauce. The topping was a bit dry. Even a regular hotdog would have mustard, relish and ketchup on it.

Not sure about other hotdogs on their menu but I wouldn't try this truffle dog again.

Umai Savory Hotdogs
1331 Robson St
Vancouver, BC V6E 2B1
604 423 4080

Comments