Boat Noodles Entering Ayutthaya Pier ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือเข้าท่าอยุธยา - Chiang Mai, Thailand


Found this restaurant on our first evening at the new Airbnb in the Chang Phueak area. Our condo's name was One Plus Huay Kaew. You can see the photos here.

We have been to the back road of this area before. There is a Jed Yod Plaza there where you could find vendors selling cooked food in the evening. I loved buying grilled fish from a lady there. There's also a vendor there that sells very good pad ka prao. And they are all very friendly even though we didn't speak Thai. I only knew a few words of Thai. They were very patient with us.

But that evening we wanted to try something different. So we were walking the other direction of the road away from Jed Yod Plaza. Then we saw this restaurant. It seemed to us that they offer pad ka prao. So that's good for dinner. Price was also displayed there and it's decent. So we walked in and seated ourselves.



I saw the printed ordering paper on the table and pulled out my phone. A waitress saw us and brought her phone to show us picture menu. By then we sort of decided what we wanted anyway. So we told her one minced pork pad ka prao and one beef pad ka prao. She brought the order away. But then another girl came out, I think she was from the kitchen. She said something and I translated it as they were out of whatever we ordered. But then she mentioned something else. It sounded like "pork" so I agreed to that. 😂

Pad ka prao which is stir fry meat with holy basil served with rice. Pad ka prao supposed to be Thailand national dish. The most popular version of pad ka prao is minced pork. 

While waiting for our orders I noticed a different ordering slip on the table. My translation showed that these were ordering slips for Thai Boat noodle. So I jotted down our orders and gave it to the person at the counter. I noticed that the boat noodles came in a cute small boat shaped like dish. Apparently there was a guy across from us ordering a few of those. 😎

Be careful when ordering the boat noodle. I asked mine to be spicy and it came out fiery ! I considered myself quite advanced when it comes to spiciness. 

ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือเข้าท่าอยุธยา

Jed Yod-Chang Khian Rd, Chang Phueak, 
Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
Ph: +66800720789

Comments