Gatherwell Hainan Coffee 聚得好海南茶 - Petaling Jaya, Malaysia


Stumbled upon this indoor kopitiam located inside The School just across from our Airbnb. They seemed to have quite a selection typical to local kopitiam such as chicken rice and noodle soup.

We were handed a big booklet of menu but were directed to place our order by scanning a QR code on the table. I chose their Signature pork noodle soup and Wawa opted for Ipoh noodle soup with hainan chicken and bean sprout. 

It was not busy then just a few tables and our orders came out pretty fast. My bowl of pork noodle came with thin rice noodle with minced pork, sliced pork and pork balls as topping. It smells fragrant of pork lard and I could see pieces of pork fat scattered as topping. A generous amount of cilantro is on the topping as well. I like the smell but this amount of cilantro was a bit much for me. 




The Ipoh noodle soup was a bowl of rice noodle in chicken broth with a separate plate of boiled chicken cut nicely on a bed of boiled bean sprouts. Another tray of three separate compartments of chili, ginger and soy sauce was provided as well.

My rice noodle in the pork soup was divine. The noodle so soft, I could literally slurped it down without chewing on it. The soup was just the right saltiness and savory. I don't normally chowed down my soup but I could down this bowl of soup with no problem. It's that good.

Total with a drink and 8% service charge MYR 43.30 (USD 10.59).

The following night we went back again and ordered the exact same thing !

Gatherwell Hainan Coffee
聚得好海南茶
The School by Jaya One
Address: Lot 100-G.013 Block J, The School, Jaya One, Seksyen 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Phone: 011-1898 3131

Comments

Popular Posts