SS2 Chow Yang Kopitiam 志昇茶餐室 - Petaling Jaya, Malaysia


Found this kopitiam (coffee shop) close to our neighborhood. It's about 2.7 kilometres (1.7 miles) away so maybe about 30 minutes walking could get us there. But the weather is hot and humid. I found out that there's a bus that could get us closer and then we could walk the rest of it. But we waited for about ten minutes and the bus still didn't show up. Well, thankfully Grab came to the rescue. Within five minutes we got a ride there. 

It was slightly before lunch rush so we found a table easily. The hardest part is deciding on what to eat. I saw a popiah stall and all of a sudden had a craving for it. Hubby saw a Penang char kway teow stall which looked pretty convincing. 



Popiah is a snack made with thin flour skin. The filling is usually thinly julienned cooked jicama. Some included crunch items (maybe fried dumpling skin?) which gives it a nice crunch. But this one did not which I found a bit boring. I think a few popiah that I like had spicy sauce and crunchy taste to it. This one did not have either one. That was a bit disappointing.

Moved on to my next one, I had my eyes on the dry pan mee. So I ordered one regular one. There was a mala version. Mean while hubby was enjoying his fried rice noodle (char kway teow) with his tangy drinks which is a combination of salty plum and lemon juice.


My dry pan mee turned out to be just normal. Nothing special. Typical pan mee with minced pork topping and fried anchovies. It came with a little bit chili sauce but I feel that it's missing something, still. It was a bit plain. Noodle was chewy though.

SS2 Chow Yang Kopitiam 志昇茶餐室
44,46,48, 50, Jalan SS2/10, SS 2, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Ph : 0378658815

Comments

Popular Posts