Myzen Ramen - Sunnyvale

This ramen place has perfect location for those office worker seeking lunch. Located just off Lawrence Expressway sharing the same parking lot with so many other lunch spots like Tasty Subs and St. John's bar and grill. Really, if I work in the area I would need some time to mull over what for lunch every day.

I found out about this restaurant almost a year ago. Me and hubby tried to go there once during one of those holidays but it was closed. So finally a friend asked to go out for lunch and I suggested this place.

We agreed to meet there on a lunch on Saturday. I was running late and felt so bad when I rushed in. There was no line at the door. I peek my head at the dining area and didn't see my friend. A woman, possibly owner or manager came out to greet me and surprisingly told me that my friend was there but now she was nowhere to be seen. I said thank you and went to the door to make a phone call.

I found my friend finally and we went back to the restaurant. The same woman was happy to see us again and quickly seat us. We went through the menu quickly and decided fast. I ordered the shio ramen (salt base) and my friend ordered the myzen ramen (tonkatsu base).

Our order came pretty fast like within 10 minutes. My bowl of ramen looked pretty promising. The broth looked a little bit brown milkish color and tasted pretty rich though not too overly. The topping consisted of nori, a whole hard boiled seasoned egg, green onion, bamboo shoot, bean sprout, shredded woodear, 2 slices of charsu pork and a slice of cute looking fish cake.

I liked this ramen actually. The broth was rich enough and tasty but not overly rich and loaded with too much sodium. I have tried Orenchi, Santouka and Kotetsu ramen  which I thought was all too salty for my taste. And I learned not to order spicy ramen because a lot of them used some sort of salty (possibly miso) red paste to spice it up. Which a lot of time it ended up making my broth too salty. I just used the red pepper to add some heat on my soup. Slurp.

Comments