Back A Yard

Finally we got to try Back A Yard after a few months delay. But seriously, it's worth the wait. If I hadn't tried Back A Yard, I would be left with a bad impression of Caribbean Jerk from Mango Caribbean, Palo Alto. I actually thought that hubby forgot what jerk actually tasted like since it was long time ago when he ate it.

Back A Yard itself is located in a not so glamorous location in Menlo Park. Parking could be a challenge during lunch time. We went on Saturday and we had to park on the street. The place itself is more for take out than eat-in. During our time there, there were numerous people came in and out for take-out but only three tables (including ours) for eat-in. In fact, there were only about five tables and probably fit about fourteen people altogether.
I ordered jerk pork, jerk chicken and mango passion fruit juice (supposedly fresh). When the platter came, I immediately noticed the difference between this jerk and the ones from Mango Caribbean. This one actually smelled wonderful. Hubby wanted to dig in but I stopped him because I wanted to document the food first. ha..ha..

Platter consisted of jerk, rice with red beans, mixed salad with ranch dressing on the side, fried plaintains and a small plastic container of jerk sauce. Hot sauce was available on the table as well. But with this jerk, you don't need to add any hot sauce at all. It was tasty by itself. The jerk sauce that came with it was AWESOME. I tasted tons of onion, garlic and spices. I'm so gonna try to make it myself. Fried plaintain was not oily and I could taste the sweetness of the plaintain. All in all was a wonderful experience. I WILL BE BACK !


Back A Yard
1189 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 323-4244

Comments