Go Green

So many business these days are encouraging their customers to be greener by bringing their own shopping bags. Few years ago when I went to Vancouver, Canada and happened to go to the Canadian Superstore. Upon check out, I found out that each plastic bag that we used would be charged 25 cents. That may seem like small change, but if you have big family and shop like ten bags. It easily adds up to quite an amount.


Trader Joe's has their way of rewarding green customers. Customers that bring their own grocery bags will be offered raffle tickets to win free grocery. Not bad. Seriously though I never won any.


Last week I went to Whole Foods. Upon checking out, I was asked whether I wanted a deduction or addition for bringing my own grocery bag. Puzzled. I replied neither one. I knew from past experience that bringing your own bag will get you a 5 cent discount. But addition ?? Is this a new move to discourage customers from bringing their own bags ? Turned out that if I had chosen addition, a 5 cent would be donated to Sacred Heart. Interesting. Maybe they should have made a donation anyhow since I declined the 5 cent discount.




courtesy of www.zen3bags.com

courtesy of www.zen3bags.com

Comments