Thousand flavor soup

I like making soup. It just takes a little chopping and it easily feels you up. And on cold days like right now, it will bring warmth to your body. On days that I have time to make my own chicken broth then I'd start from scratch. Otherwise I have short cut that can still generate a good pot of soup without sacrificing flavor.

Ingredients:
half large size onion, diced.
2 carrot stick, diced.
2 celery stick, diced.
4 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of your favorite soup. I like tomato based soup
1/2 cup pasta sauce (optional, only if it's available)

Preparation:

Put diced onion, carrot and celery in a pot along with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

Open your favorite can of soup and pour the content in the pot. Stir well. If using pasta sauce, put in pasta sauce in the pot and stir well. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Comments