Fernloft - Singapore


Found this place when we were looking for lodging in Singapore. Our favorite hotel - Seven Storey Hotel is no longer available. It was too bad because both location and hotel condition made that hotel five star in our travel book.

We arrived at Changi around 1:30 am. Taxi driver had no clue when we told him the name. He even asked us where we got the name from. ha..ha.. I think he thought we made it up. But we got the address and he took us there and found the place.

The establishment is on top of a bistro. The bistro was still open when we got there. I walked in it and found the guy behind the bar to help us checking in. He brought us upstairs and gave us the key and showed us a few things.

The first thing I noticed when we walked in was the fan. I was disappointed immediately and was thinking in horror how am I going to sleep tonight. But then I noticed the AC and my worry was gone right away.

The room was small and had no windows. Well it only cost SGD60/night. Location is far from any MRT station. They did provide a list of buses to reach any places of interest which helped us a lot. Breakfast was provided in the form of bread, jam, milo, and coffee. Laundry provided with a small amount of fee. Shared bathroom.

We found out the downside the second night we were there. There were live music until 1 am in the morning. Even with the jet lag it's still hard to sleep. I managed to sleep around 2 hours. I don't know if they had live music every night or it happened to be Friday night. Needless to say, we had to cross out Fernloft from our future lodging list.

Fernloft Hostel
693 A East Coast Road, Singapore

Comments