Lee Noodle House - San Jose

We were there during lunch time on a Friday afternoon. It wasn't too many people when we walked in. There were another 2 tables occupied, we were the third and there were another table they came in almost the same as we did. It was a cold day and I was salivating on an idea of a hot bowl of pho. It wasn't that long for us to decide on our orders. The lady was actually trying to upsell us bread for the soup and soft drinks. Wow..that was the first time we've been in a noodle joint that they actually trying to sell something beside just taking order.

I ordered #1 Combo special pho with everything but the kitchen sink. Hubby ordered #25 hot and sour seafood soup. We would share an order of banh xeo. We waited and waited..and the order didn't come out. There were not too many customers. I wondered why it took so long. Finally after around 15 minutes then we saw our bowls of noodle came out.

My #1 soup was a bit too oily for my taste. I don't remember it being so oily at another pho place. The soup was seasoned too well for my liking. I don't like soup that is too salty that will cause me to down gallons of water later on. So I ended up didn't drink the soup at all. That's really the opposite of my dream lunch. I was looking forward to some hot soup.

Hubby's #25 looked like Thai tom yum soup. The taste though was different. Even though advertised as seafood soup but the broth itself tasted more like beef/pork broth instead of seafood. There's not much seafood on it either, but 2 shrimps and a few pieces of squid. He didn't like the oily taste of the broth either.

And then we waited for our banh xeo. We were done with everything and was going to pay thinking that they forgot our order. But..voila..the waiter brought us our banh xeo. It looked gorgeous in golden color on bed of greens. We wondered for a while whether we could finish it but heck..my tummy was half empty from my noodle soup that wasn't filling at all. So we dug in. Even though the banh xeo looked big but it was light. Pretty much the whole thing was just bean sprout and 3 shrimps with a few tiny slices of pork. Oh well...maybe they ran out of shrimps that's why it took a while to prepare.

I guess we won't be back in the future.

Lee Noodle House
2569 S King Rd Ste C9
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 238-6888

Comments