Beef Noodle #1 - San Jose

This establishment had been on that location way before the surrounding area changed so much. The biggest change was the Target just next to it. Years before, we went there once but couldn't get a parking spot due to Target construction so decided to abandon the plan.

Looking at their menu, they serve pho - mostly beef and chicken. Beside that also com tam and sandwiches. I saw a row of waffle maker on one of the table when we came in and the distinct fragrant that came out of it. So we ordered one while waiting for our order. For $1, it's worth every bite of it. Though if I could choose I'd rather not have the green color on it. It didn't add to flavor.

My special beef noodle soup (#1) was everything but the kitchen sink. If you like rare meat, tendon, tripe, this is the one you should try. But if you're like hubby who only take rare meat and meat balls, then you should try #4. The rest of menu is combination of different cut of the meat.

The soup was flavorful, fragrant and rich. If there was any MSG used, I seriously didn't feel it. I didn't feel like I needed to drink tons of water afterwards. We'll be back if we feel like having beef pho in the future.

1611 E Capitol Expressway suite 206,  San Jose, CA 95121
(408) 270-0600

Comments