Five Guys Burger - San Jose

This restaurant I think has opened for a year or so. It's sharing the same plaza where Costco and Trader Joe's are. So I guess they in a way benefited from traffic that goes to those other two businesses. Anyhow we finally got to try it out last weekend.

As we walked in, there was a sign that pointed to the left side of the building where they built a permanent divider so guests could line up along the wall waiting to place the orders. And as we got closer to the registers, it became clear that those boxes stacked up in front of the registers were boxes of peanuts with paper trays. So while waiting for your orders to be prepared, go help yourself with some peanuts.

It took maybe around ten minutes for us to get our orders. I got a cheese burger with everything (mushroom, onion, mustard, etc) and hubby got a bacon cheese burger with everything plus grilled jalapeno.

First impression, the buns were really soft and mushy even before I started eating it. The buns were regular white buns so it's hard to contain the mushroom, mustard, pickle, tomato and grease. ha..ha.. The patty was not very strongly seasoned - a little bit bland in fact for my taste. I guess that's what sets them apart from like McD ? I can't quite say much since I haven't had too many burgers in my life.

The cajun fries that we ordered was the highlight of the day. It was nicely seasoned and gave a bit twist to the regular fries. Hubby said that his bacon cheeseburger still couldn't beat the one he had at Armadillo Willy's. I guess it'll be a while before we set our foot there again.

Five Guys Burger & Fries
5353 Almaden Expressway
San Jose, CA95118

(480) 264-9300

Comments