五代同糖 - Hong Kong

I know I know....you look at the title and went WHAT !!?? There's no English name on this establishment. And knowing my Chinese I wouldn't want to translate it just in case it went totally wrong. It would be butchering people's business. But if I'm not mistaken, it literally means five dynasties with sugar.

We were lead here by our guide, Mr. Wong. He is quite a frequent visitor here. So he knew what he wanted but it took us a while before we settled with the mango shaved ice. The store wasn't very big. It's two smaller place with different entrance divided by an opening in the middle which was an entrance to a shopping small strip.
Mango shaved ice



Mr. Wong ordered a box of egg shell filled with custard. Very nice presentation and yummy. The custard had a nice consistency and wasn't too sweet. Our shaved ice had very smooth texture with shaved of grape fruit on the side. Interesting combination.
Custard in egg shell

It would be nice to visit with a group of people so we could order a few items to share. I couldn't say whether this dessert place is a chain restaurant. When I googled the name, it only showed Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui. So if you're in the area, stop by and give it a try. The menu has tons of pictures and English words on it.

五代同糖
Shop G11, Elizabeth House, 250-254 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay
852 3486 8528

Comments