Poor Boy Sandwich from Lucky Supermarket

One time I read a thread on a mailing list in Singapore about what they called 'economy rice meal'. It's basically a simple rice packet with sliced cucumber, fried rice noodle and a bit of chilli sauce as condiment. The meal came with options of different varieties with little or no meat. Price was very affordable hence the name economy rice meal.

A few days ago I happened to be looking around in the deli section of my neighborhood Lucky Supermarket when I came across Poor Boy Sandwich. It was in the refrigerated section next to different sort of cheeses. It was exactly what I was looking for - something not too heavy. And the price was very decent at $1.99 a pop.

The sandwich pack came with sachets of mayonaise and yellow mustard. Season it to your liking. The sandwich was packed with protein like cured pork and turkey. No greens or onions or pickle at all. I guess so the sandwich won't go soggy and last longer.

Comments