Turtle Tower Restaurant - San Francisco

chicken pho - wide rice noodle and white chicken meat
We stopped by this restaurant after the visit to Asian Art Museum. As soon as we walked in we ran into bunch of people waiting at the tiny area by the door. I pushed past to the front to see if there was any wait list. I put my name on it and went back out to check out the menu posted outside.

The restaurant wasn't that big. There were tables that seemed to be waiting for their food. There were like four groups ahead of us and it took around twenty minutes to get a table.

We ordered chicken pho (pho ga) and spring rolls. The restaurant specializes in Northern style noodle soup which uses wider noodle and no bean sprouts.



I liked my noodle soup. It tasted pretty close to the one we had in Vietnam. One thing I realized after we came back to California, even in San Jose that offers great varieties of Vietnamese noodle soup, good chicken pho has been hard to come by. This noodle soup served nice, juice chicken meat which unfortunately came with skin. Hubby didn't quite agree with me on the soup. He thinks the broth didn't have enough chicken flavor.
spring roll - more lettuce, less rice noodle

The spring roll consisted mostly of lettuce and not much rice noodle. In fact this roll was probably the only spring roll we ever had that had so less rice noodle. I like the regular ones that has more rice noodle.

Turtle Tower Restaurant
5716 Geary Blvd (between 21st and 22nd Ave), San Francisco, CA 94121
(415) 221-9890
www.turtletowersf.com


Comments