Tlaloc - San Francisco

Found this place one day when me and a few coworkers were looking for lunch in the city. The line out of the store brought us in. I chose chicken quesadilla that day, paid and got my number.

We went up the stairs to find a table, none available. As we turned around back down, we saw a third floor section but it wasn't connected to the second floor we were in. So we went down and just next to the salsa bar was an elevator and another sets of stairs that brought us to the third floor.



My chicken quesadilla came in a platter with some chips on the side. The quesadilla itself was moist with a nice combination of sour cream, cheese, pico de gallo and avocado. Easily the best quesadilla I ever had.
Pozole (pork and hominy stew with red chile)

Apparently my coworkers shared the same opinion. So here we went again a week later. This time I was determined to try something else from their extensive menu. I made up my mind on a chicken mole burrito. But as we got closer to the door, there was a sign of the special of the day which was pozole (pork and hominy stew with red chiles). There was also a display of how the pozole looked like in a bowl. Bright red soup with pieces of meat and shredded cabbage with slices of lime on the side. Ah..so tempting.

By the time I got to the cashier line I was sold on the pozole. And hey it turned out just like the quesadilla. Delicious. Big chunk tender pork, not fatty. Spicy and tangy soup. The shredded cabbage added a bit crunch and it was such a big portion that I didn't get to enjoy the chips that came with it. Neither did I use much of the corn tortillas that came with it.

Tlaloc
525 Commercial St  San Francisco, CA 94111
(415) 981-7800
http://sabormexicano.com/tlaloc/

Comments