The Counter - San Jose

A few nights ago I was invited to a farewell dinner for a coworker. We decided to take him to The Counter at Santana Row. When I got there it was only a bit after 6 but the place was already busy. By the time everybody showed up it took us about 15 minutes before we got our table.

Everyone got a paper menu to customize their own burger. Wow..that's exciting and a bit intimidating at the same time. Some of us were trying to take a peek at what the others were ordering.. LOL.

My menu looked like this. It was a bit unconventional. But that's the whole purpose, right ?


And the end product looked like this. Yup..you saw it right, it's grilled pineapple on my chicken burger ! And for my sauce I had sun dried tomato vinaigrette.

We also shared a platter of fries. Very good. I loved their fries, long and thin with right seasoning. I don't even want to know what type of seasonings they put on it. Their sweet potato fries was good but not excellent. I like Carl's Jr's sweet potato fries better. Some of us ordered milk shakes..Hmm..yum. But I skipped it since hubby wasn't around. I don't think I could handle so much sweets by myself.

All in all an interesting place to eat. I would like to go back some other time. It's liberating to be able to create your own burger. Though it could also be disastrous at the same time. ha..ha.. For people who like to be adventurous with their food, give it a try. But they also offer plain old hamburger with onion and tomatoes for people who couldn't be bothered making their own decision.

The Counter
3055 Olin Avenue Suite 1035
San Jose CA 95128
408 423 9200

Comments