Troll's - Horseshoe Bay, BC - Canada

We have been to this location about ten years ago. That was my first visit to Vancouver, BC and surrounding. I didn't quite remember the name of the restaurant. But for whatever reason, the calamari here left me a deep impression. Years passed and every now and then the calamari experience comes and knocks on my head. So finally this year we have enough time on our trip to make a side trip to Horseshoe Bay. To verify whether my memory was accurate and put it to rest.



We had no problem finding the restaurant though the road looked a bit different. It was surprisingly pretty busy considering we were there on Monday. We asked for a table outside overlooking the bay. The weather was sunny and warm (for Canada standard). We ordered calamari (of course), fish and chips with extra prawn, grilled salmon and chicken quesadilla. Yup, all the way to Canada and I am missing quesadilla.

The calamari came out decent size and fresh. The taste wasn't as good as I remembered it to be. Quite sadly I guess I was disappointed that my memory failed me. Or the quality food these days just wasn't as good anymore ?

Fish and chips with the extra prawn was nice. I haven't had enough of fish and chips to differentiate the quality. The grilled salmon didn't look and taste like what I imagine a grilled salmon should taste like. The salmon didn't have grill mark on it, maybe it was grilled on aluminum foil ? But it tasted more like poached. The vegetables on the side was cube carrot and beet. The quesadilla came out the best. Maybe because it's my favorite or maybe because it's hard to mess up quesadilla.


Troll's
6408 Bay St, West Vancouver, BC V7W 3H5, Canada
Phone:+1 604-921-7755

Comments