QQ Noodle - Milpitas

Hot oil noodle - dry
We just passed by this restaurant the week before and I remembered telling hubby what kind of dish is this "pita bread soaked in lamb soup" which was posted outside this restaurant. It didn't sound appetizing to me.

We never would have tried this restaurant ourselves had our friend didn't ask to meet there. I thought it was a great opportunity to give it a try. They open at 11:30 on Sunday and when we got there around 11:15 there were a lot of people waiting outside. Good sign.

Their tables were heavy very natural looking tables that looked like it was carved out of a huge tree trunk. The seatings were heavy benches and on some smaller tables were regular wood chairs. There were huge pictures of different types of dishes on the wall. I meant really big kinda of pictures but nicely done that made them looked like part of its decor. The menu was simple though but full of pictures. Very easy to order especially for people like me who don't read Chinese. The pictures on the wall were actually similar to the ones on the menu. I think they only offered like 10 dishes and not more than 15. I guess they do well with those dishes.



I know the Chinese type of noodle is normally thick and very filling. Our friend did confirm that their size is pretty big. So me and hubby decided to share an order of hot oil noodle. My friend also ordered pig ear with hot oil and sliced pork with garlic soy sauce as appetizer.
pages from menu

pages from menu

The highlight of the meal was the sliced pork with garlic soy sauce. It was very garlicky and the sauce was tasty. The pork was tender and almost melt in the mouth. Though I think the strength of the dish was on the garlic sauce since the pork tasted bland by itself. Our hot oil noodle though looked yummy but was bland for us. So we sauced it up with the garlic pork sauce. Another thing was the pork that came with the noodle was hard and chewy. Pale in comparison to the garlic pork which was very tender and flavorful. So my suggestion, go with the hot oil noodle but make sure to order the garlic pork to spice up the flavor.

QQ Noodle
Milpitas Square
416 Barber Ln, Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone: (408) 894-9171

Comments