Pho Kim Long - San Jose


This is not the first time we went to Pho Kim Long. And I know this pho joint has been around for more than 10 years. I normally ordered the combination pho which has meat balls, shrimps, chicken meat and slices of cooked pork. The combo pho at Kim Long in my opinion was the best in San Jose area.

It's really hard to find a good chicken pho in San Jose area. Not too many places do chicken pho and if they do they usually messed up on the chicken. Super dry chicken breast meat is just not good. But I noticed that the chicken pieces that they included in the combo pho here at Kim Long was always juicy and good. So I thought they could probably do a decent chicken pho.

That's why this visit to Pho Kim Long I ordered their chicken pho with white chicken meat. But I guess I made a mistake when the lady took my order asked me if I wanted everything. I said yes just because I was curious. Though later on I wonder why she even asked. On the menu it clearly said white chicken meat. But anyhow.

The chicken amount was generous, chunk and chunk of chicken. But because I said everything I guess they gave me the chicken skin along with the chicken and also some liver, gizzard and blood. So make sure to tell them meat only if the innards are not really your cup of tea. The chicken was nicely cook and not dry pieces of chicken breast. I gave a thumb up on that. But the broth didn't really taste like chicken broth. So the search continue. For now, if I want a good bowl of chicken pho, I would still drive to Pho Hanoi.

Rating for chicken pho only :

Pho Kim Long
2082 N Capitol Ave, San Jose, CA 95132
Phone: (408) 946-2181

Comments