Ichiran Ramen - Osaka

Osaka weather the morning after we arrived was gloomy and a bit cool. Cooler compared to San Jose's weather when we left which was around 80s. I asked hubby what he felt for breakfast. Ramen.

I have a few ramen places on my to-try list for this trip. I googled Ichiran ramen and I found out that they're open 24 hours ! Perfect. It was 7 something and I was glad that I didn't have to wait until 11 for my bowl of ramen. We got ready and left our Airbnb apartment.



We made it to the Dotonburi area of Osaka and was looking at our phone to see how far the ramen place is when I saw a line outside an establishment. This was only 9:30 in the morning. I told hubby I think this is the place. Turned out it was the place. A guy gave each of us an order form and a clipboard with pen. We got our order done pretty fast by following the recommendation. But the line only moving a little. Then came a guy holding a sign and said some stuff in Japanese which we didn't understand. First I thought he was trying to sell us something. I was going to tell him we were not interested. But then I realized that he was trying to get us to another location which was only 5 minutes walk away. We agreed to go with him. Nothing to loose since we were the last one in the line. Nobody else budged.
My bowl of ramen based on the options recommended

The other location had no line so we went straight to pay for the orders at the vending machine. One of the staffs were trying to put us on a regular table but we wanted to try the famous single booth eating experience. It didn't take that long and we went upstairs and were pointed to two booths available side by side.
My bowl of all mixed up ramen

We placed our order forms just next to the closed bamboo blinds and not long after a staff greeted us from the pull up blinds and took our orders. We helped ourselves with the cool water from the tap while waiting for our orders.

It didn't take long before we got our orders. I could smell garlic as I pulled my bowl of ramen closer to me. The noodle was thin straight noodle with a small amount of red pepper paste and a little chopped green onion. The broth was quite rich but not overly. For 890 yen (around US$8), the bowl of noodle provided enough comfort food to last quite a while. One could always ask for additional pile of noodle or sliced pork (charsiu) and pay extra. I wasn't quite a big meat eater so two smaller slice of pork was just enough for me.

Direction to the other Ichiran location - still in the Dotonburi area


Rating :

Ichiran Ramen
Japan, 〒542-0084 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Chuo Ward, Souemoncho, 7−18
Google : Ichiran ramen osaka

Comments