Ikea Cafetaria - Emeryville

It's been a while since the last time we have been to any Ikea. But this time we happened to be in Berkeley area and was wondering what's good for lunch. My light bulb popped and voila we ended up in Ikea Cafe.

I was intrigued to try the vegetables ball and hubby chose salmon fillet. I saw the chocolate cake and they looked delicious. I know hubby loves dessert so I egged him to try it. He was a bit hesitant but in the end gave in.

The lay out of the cafe looked just like fast food line up. Pick or order food of your choice and pay at the cashier on the way out. As we were waiting for our turn I saw lentil soup on their menu and decided to get it as well.



My vegetables ball supposed to come with brown rice and quinoa but they didn't have those so they offered either french fries or mashed potatoes. I chose my vegetables ball with mashed potatoes with some sauce which I couldn't quite decipher. I think it's almost the same sauce as the one for salmon.

But the star of the meal was the chocolate cake which turned out moist, rich and not too sweet. It was almost as rich as a brownie but with texture of cake. Just thinking about it now makes me craving it again.
menu

cafetaria lay out

chocolate cake

vegetables ball and lentil soup

salmon fillet with vegetables and chocolate cake 

Ikea Cafe
4400 Shellmound St, Emeryville, CA 94608
(888) 888-4532
cafetaria hours :
Mon - Sat : 9:30am - 8:30pm
Sun           : 9:30am - 7:30pm

Comments