Pho La - San Jose

We happened to be in the shopping mall getting finger print at the mail stop there. It's been a while since the last time we were in that area and was surprised to see a lot more options available. Contemplating between Vietnamese food or Korean we finally gave in to Vietnamese.

After I was done with my finger printing business we walked to Pho La which was at the corner of the mall. It was just a bit after 11 am and there was only a table occupied. We got our menu and was ready to order in a few minutes.



It was a chilly morning so I opted for noodle soup and hubby was intrigued with the option of stir fry rice noodle. And we shared goi cuon (fresh spring roll). The noodle soup was a combination noodle soup with prawn, bbq pork and chicken meat. This was the first time I had noodle soup with that kind of combination. It was a lot of meat and could probably attract some people who enjoy lots of meat with their noodle. I prefer bbq pork on a dry noodle to bring out the flavor more. So for me this combination noodle soup was a miss.








The stir fry rice noodle was fragrant. It had bean sprout and pork and just right amount of oil without being too greasy. It got hubby's seal of approval. I think it was better than my noodle soup. The spring roll was a bit dry which usually is the sign of the rolls being made ahead of order.

Pho La
Santa Teresa Village Shopping Center
6055 Snell Ave, San Jose, CA 95123
(408) 363-7998

Comments