Mendocino Farms - San Jose

Mama Chen's Chinese chicken salad
Meeting up some friends here on Sunday lunch. Though we live pretty close to Santana Row/Valley Fair, we don’t really go there that often. My husband avoids it like a plague. I sort of like the area just to hang out and people watching. Parking is a nightmare though on weekends. So when our friend suggested Santana Row I reluctantly agreed.

The original meeting place was Straits and last minute was changed to Mendocino Farms which I believed was pretty new. Located towards the back just next to the Cinearts theatre. When I got there like 1 pm there was a line inside. None of my friends showed up. Great. I waited for like 20 minutes before one showed up. By then the restaurant was still pretty busy and we could see that patrons still stood around waiting for tables.



 The place is semi fast food in a sense that you order and pay for your food before you sit down. So ordering and paying was done pretty fast but some customers are there to meet up with friends or enjoy meals with family. It’s not a sit down gobble down your food and leave. Our other friend came fashionably late so by then bigger table was available.
avocado quinoa mendo

I ordered Mama Chen's chinese chicken salad which essentially is a traditional Asian chicken salad. For the price of $13 the size was pretty decent with enough amount of chicken to satisfy your protein craving. They don’t really offer a lot of option for hot drinks so I chose a cup of chicken vegetable soup. My total meal came up to $20. It’s not cheap for a semi fast food establishment. I guess it's good for families who want to have organic option when dining out.

Mendocino Farms
3090 Olsen Dr Suite 150
San Jose, CA 95128
408 207 1390

Comments