New Novelty Sweet & Restaurant - Vancouver, BC

Found out about this restaurant close to home while searching for Indian buffet in the area. It was a nice sunny cold day. Perfect for buffet. We were the first customer there at 12 pm. Perfect for taking photos.

The seating area is not very big. Fit maybe around 15 people. The buffet line was against one of the walls. The front part of the store closer to the door was occupied by display of sweets. The buffet line consisted of 2 types of rice - plain basmati rice and biryani rice. There was a spot for stuffed paratha. The rest of 5 spots were the dishes.



Too bad there were no display of names for the dishes. That would help us non Indians to know what we are eating. I only recognize the chickpea dish, potato dish and spinach. There was a chicken dish as well. Fresh naan was brought to the table once we sat down.




I'm not an expert in Indian food so this is based on my personal preference only. I felt that the plain basmati rice was too oily. In my opinion it's unnecessary oil given the dish. I did enjoy the potato dish and the chicken dish. But I wish there was more or at least another meat dish.

All in all it was good visit. We did enjoy the meal but most likely won't be back pretty soon.

New Novelty Sweet & Restaurant
6669 Fraser St, Vancouver, BC V5X 3T6
(604) 326-1111

Comments