Shanghai Fortune Cuisine 上海豐裕小吃 @ Crystal Mall - Burnaby, BC

Hubby loves the char kway teow at Ipoh Malaysian Cuisine here at Crystal Mall food court. I usually just take a bite or two. It's a bit too oily and also too big of a portion for me. So this time we went there I was looking to try something else. I have heard of the soup dumpling (小籠包) here was very good. But soup dumpling isn't exactly my cup of tea. So I searched for recommendation and found out two items that I thought was interesting.

The first item was pan fried pork bun (生煎包) which I found at Shanghai Fortune Cuisine. For you guys that have not tried this before you have to give them a try. Think of gyoza (Japanese pan fried dumpling) and this is a similar one but pork buns. If you like pork buns you should give these a try. If you like gyoza you should check out these pork buns. Because they are pan fried the bottom are brown and crunchy to the bite. Inside was juicy minced pork similar to soup dumpling. Just describing them makes my mouth waters.





The second item was spicy dry wonton from Chao Shou Wang 炒手王. The dry spicy wonton here was wonton served dry with spicy oil and topped off with crunchy peanuts. I only asked for medium spiciness and it was just right for me. I can't get used to the numb spicy effect caused by the Szechuan peppercorn. So the medium spiciness was just perfect for me. The peanuts was very crunchy and tasted very fresh.




The Crystal Mall
4500 Kingsway 
Burnaby, BC V5H 2B1

Shanghai Fortune Cuisine
Phone 778 323 1678

Chao Shou Wang
Phone 778 371 5033


Comments