Little Ongpin - Richmond, BC

A stop at this restaurant wasn't exactly planned. We were in the area doing take out at Daddy's Grill on the other side of the road. While waiting for the order outside my eyes landed on this restaurant's sign. A quick Google search showed me pictures of grilled squid and skewered bbq pork!

I had an AHA moment. I have been looking for grilled squid so when I saw this I signaled to hubby that I'm going across the street.  I know his order would take a while so I might as well went and placed another order.

At the time we went there (July 1), this restaurant only opened for take out only. When I walked in i went straight to the counter to place my order. There was a menu posted on the wall but everything was in Tagalog. I almost pulled out my phone to show the picture I found. But decided to just tell them what I wanted. The lady understood me and I asked for the price. It's $15.99. Hubby came just then and paid for the order. It would take about 15 minutes to be ready.



The squid was pretty big and grilled to a nice brown color. There were 3 tentacles included. I think normally would be just one but since it was smaller they decided to include extra two more. In fact the lady returned $1 to us when we went to pick it up. I liked the body of squid more. It's still nice and tender when we ate it as soon as we got home. Lightly seasoned with just salt and lemon I think. But I don't think a fresh squid needed that much seasoning anyway. We couldn't finish the whole squid since we also had another take out from Daddy's Grill. A little while later I found out that the squid had become more chewy.

The bbq pork was tender and sweet from the caramelized marinate. It tasted like the Singaporean style bbr pork but with thicker and more moist texture.

This restaurant is a keeper. We'll definitely be back

Little Ongpin
4093 No 5 Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 2T9
(604) 278-4667

Comments