Airline Meals : Vancouver to Hong Kong


It's been a while since we last went on an air trip. Well just like anybody else in the world the last two years. 😑 I think our last air trip was in 2019. But our last Asia trip was way back in 2018. So I didn't have expectation or anything to compare to.

So in a way, I felt that the meal in this flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong was not bad. 😋 The options given was rice with chicken or fish with potatoes. Recently I'm into potatoes so I chose potatoes. It turned out to be a better options in my opinion. The main plate contained green beans, mashed potatoes and white fish. A smaller side dish container had coleslaw with a slice of ham. A small tub of orange frozen thing which turns out to be orange sherbet. A small dinner bun was dropped on my tray. And last but not least was a piece of Ghirardelli chocolate.😋

Hubby picked the rice option. He got white rice with chicken cooked with some dark sauce and some mixed veggies of carrot and green beans. The side dish and dessert were all the same. 

I enjoyed my creamy mashed potatoes and the fish was delicate and not fishy at all. Hubby said his chicken and rice combo was pretty bland. 


The breakfast options before we landed in Hong Kong was rice congee with salted pork or egg omelet with hashed potato. I chose the egg omelet option. The omelet was nice and creamy with a bit of herbs here and there. I could see pieces of tomatoes. The hashed potato was a bit too dry.

Hubby got rice congee with pork which he enjoyed immensely after the less than satisfying dinner. The breakfast options came with a small container of cut papaya and melon and a small tub of blueberry yogurt.


Comments