BKK Back to YVR


There was rumors of long lines at BKK Suvarnabhumi airport. We decided to be there earlier. But for early flight like ours at 7:30 AM it's really hard to be early. 😒 The earliest shuttle from our hotel was at 4:10. And at 4:40 AM, the line for the check-in counter was as long as the line for Black Friday shopping. 😁 We tried kiosk check-in but it didn't work for us since we had a transit and for some reason, the system could not check us in for the second leg of our trip. 

Luckily the wait time was just a bit over an hour. And everyone was pretty chill about it. The big group in front of us was students from Bangkok International School. They all seemed like a happy go lucky bunch. No riots. 😀

Bangkok BKK - Tokyo NRT
The journey took 6 hours. Food was not bad. The main meal offered were either omelette or fried rice. Then for the side, we had yogurt, croissant and fruit. I was so hungry by then so I pretty much finished everything. Just after all the trays were cleaned up, the flight attendant came by to distribute ham and cheese sandwiches. I was still hungry so I finished that as well. Even though it's supposed to be for snack (later on). 😋 The sandwiches was a bit dry.

Tokyo NRT - Vancouver YVR
Narita airport was pretty much the same as I remembered it. We had a chance to get some snacks. Ice cream, kit kat chocolate and cheese crackers along with a box of sakura chocolate for gift.

The flight to Vancouver was full and messy. Air Canada luggage policy pushed most of passengers to have a carry on suitcase. Imagine the chaos of trying to fit all those in the upper head compartment. We were happy that we only had two suitcases and were able to check those in without additional charges.
Gone were the days when transpacific flights allow two suitcases check in per passenger.

When we got to our seats, we found out that our neighbors for the next eight hours were a four year old boy with his father. Argh..between me and hubby we had been wishing that none of those toddlers would be placed close to us. But what to do, there were only so many seats available. To make it worse, we noticed that a kid bag had been placed under the seat in front of my seat. That supposed to be my space. 😡Hubby was like you should tell them. I was still trying to be cool and thinking to myself, I could put my feet next to the bag. Luckily before the plane took off, the kid next to me decided that he wanted his bag. So his dad encouraged him to get his bag. I quickly placed my belonging to replace the bag. 😡 No apologies nor explanation. What an entitled prick !

Meanwhile while we were trying to place my bag pack in the upper compartment, we noticed there was a bag pack left on hubby's seat. And we were like whose bag is this. In the end, another dude from a row in front of us reached over to the bag. No apologies nor explanation. What's up with everyone on this flight ? 

The only consolation was this friendly dude two rows from us. As we were trying to figure out where best to put our bags, he told us that he wouldn't mind if we move his bag. So we shared his compartment. Later on he even handed hubby's bag back to him when we landed in YVR. What a friendly guy ! 💕

I definitely would think twice next time before flying with Air Canada again. 😓 I remembered my flight last time with Air Canada was way better. 

For dinner, we were given options of either rice with chicken or beef burger (Japanese style). We both picked beef and it was a good decision. The side dish included soba noodle with ponzu sauce and macaroni salad.

The breakfast options were omelette with potatoes or udon noodles. We both picked omelette. But this time I didn't have much appetite so I didn't touch much of the food. It had been a rough night sitting next to a toddler that woke up screaming. Again not a single conversation coming from the father. 



Comments