Two Months To Better Health (indicator)


One thing about living in North America is the abundant of choice of healthy food. The price is usually not ridiculous. I feel that our choice of food for the last twenty over years has been pretty healthy. Enough vegetables, occasional salad, fruits and mostly baked or stewed proteins. We like to bake our salmons and chicken. Occasional pan fried pork chops. 

Last year before we left on our Asia trip, I got my bloodwork done. It wasn't too impressive in the blood sugar and cholesterol department, at least to my doctor. 😁 So a few weeks ago I decided to do another bloodwork. It's my ADHD side that called for it. 😉 I got the result on April 19 and my doctor wanted to talk to me about it. She asked me what's going on. I had to blame all the fried chicken and the fried snacks we had during our trip to Asia. She sort of accepted my explanation and suggested some aerobic exercises. I said I would do it. She then asked me to do another bloodwork in 3 months. But I only have about two months left here in Vancouver. So I have to try to get it done within the time frame.


First week
Back to my diet here in North America. Fried chicken is quite easy to avoid as there are plenty of alternatives. Even though we're staying with relatives now but it's still very possible to cook our own food as kitchen is available. 

I made own kimchi ! I feel that it's important to try to put fermented food as part of my diet. I still struggle with salicylates food (aka fruits and veggies). My doctor wanted me to put on more veggies on my plate. That's a real challenge with my salicylates issue.

I cut back on daily eggs intake. I was eating egg(s) everyday before as part of my effort to gain weight. During my struggle time with histamine and salicylates issue I lost about 6 pounds ! Now I gained all those lost pound back plus additional which I told myself was muscles ! 😂


Second week
I went out and walked everyday. Grocery stores was my main destination. The household we are currently staying with has more occupants now. So we do our best in stocking up bananas and other food supplies.


Third week
Watched a video by Barbara O'neill about Hearth Health. Got inspiration to do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). For now walking and running up the hill is my daily exercise.

Comments