Auf der Au Garden Germany buffet - Chiang Mai, Thailand


This German buffet has been around for at least 10 years. And the last two years at the recent location. That's what I gathered from a short conversation with the owner. We found out about this place first from a social media video and then from a friend who lives in Bangkok. 😁

On our last visit to Chiang Mai we could not find an excuse to go but this time we got a celebration so we decided to give it a try. We took a Grab there and were dropped at the door. I was surprised that the restaurant was smaller than I expected. At least from the outside. But then we were seated inside and it's pretty spacious in the back though a bit darker due to lack of natural lights.




I can see a lot of people complained of the amount of flies. This time it's considered rainy season so the amount of flies was less but we did see quite a few. Seated at the back room also meant more mosquitoes as well. 

Those aside the food was plenty. Main dishes, cold cuts, pickle and also desserts. The sausages looked yummy but I only tried a small pieces here and there. Still on my whole food diet.😅 I like their ham cheese roll ? Not sure what it was called. It reminded me of Costco chicken bake. Ham, cheese and bread baked together. Yum.






I tried some of the bread too looking for any sourdough bread. But I didn't find any. Too bad. Hubby took a plate of desserts so I got to try a bit of this and that from his plate. Most of them were too sweet for my taste. 

All in all it was a good experience. Most likely we won't be back anytime soon. I can't comment on the authenticity of the food as I don't know what German food supposed to taste like. At the time we went it was THB 290/person (USD 8.25). It is a good deal for that price.

Auf der Au Garden Germany buffet
1, 3 Rat U-thit, Tambon Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50000
Phone : 093 434 0844

Comments