Monty Python's Spamalot - San Jose Center for Performing Arts

After a few unfortunate events the previous night we made it to San Jose Center for Performing Arts. Thanks to a few very understanding people at Broadway San Jose and to KLIV we were able to enjoy Monty Python's Spamalot on their second day perfomance. We got there around 6:45 pm and went straight to the box office to get our tickets. Then we went out and sort of sitting around outside watching people. I thought we would be the youngest patrons that night just by looking at majority people that showed up already. But we were wrong, more and more people came as the time was getting closer to the show time.

We went in the theatre about 7:15 to give us enough time to look for our seats. We got seats at row 11 and turned out to be very good seats. I guess they weren't kidding when they said we'll be given best seats. Then I looked around and noticed the theatre were packed. As far as I could turned my head around, there were no empty seats. I guess it's because they will only be showing for about one week here in San Jose.
A little bit after 7:30 the lights dimmed and the audience all paid attention to the stage. I'm not going to tell much about the story line here. Most of the funny part was either part of the act or the songs. The play moved smoothly from one scene to another and there was no dull moment. Before we knew it was end of part one. And I enjoyed it so far though I had some difficulties understanding the jokes when it's part of a song.

There was a scene when King Arthur and his knights were dancing around 'the round table' that looks like the wheel from Wheel Of Fortune complete with the sound like the slot machine. They made fun of Jews, gays, Christians, French etc. I hope everybody can just laugh it off just like one woman behind us and not get offended by anything. I enjoyed it so much and so was hubby. It was my first musical performance. I was worry that hubby might not like it because he didn't show that much of excitement to begin with.

Comments