Marnee Thai - San Francisco

We went there on a very nice Sunday afternoon. As soon as we walked in, a woman greeted us and showed us to a corner table by the window. We took a seat and looked around us. The place is very bright with bamboo mat covering the whole wall as some sort of wall paper. Here and there we could see pictures of events they were involved in.
I couldn't see the tom yum noodle they put on their online menu so I asked about it. The woman (owner ?) said the she could make it for me. Hubby ordered pad kee mow. I was surprised she didn't ask how spicy we wanted them. Both dishes supposed to be spicy and usually Thai restaurant would ask how spicy we want it.

Not long my tom yum noodle came out. Tom yum noodle is basically rice noodle soup with sour spicy broth. I had a few version in the past either in SF or at Thai Town, LA. They could come all seasoned and spicy or they let you spicied it up yourself. This one seemed to be spiced up looking from the color. But when I tried one sip on the soup, it was on the mild side. But no problem, we noticed there was a jar of grinded chilli with garlic on the table. I reached to that and put a spoonful on my bowl. It took a while to make it to my liking. But it still felt like there was something missing.
Hubby's pad kee mow came out orangey too. Had a few basil and sliced tomato but not much of other veggies. It was delicious but tasted different from other pad kee mow that we had before. So it was also a disappointment.

Comments