Oriental Sushi Buffet

Just found out about this buffet over the weekend and decided to give it a try. We went for a late lunch around 2 pm. Parking lot was situated next and behind the restaurant. Decent size parking lot for big crowds. As we were walking to the building we saw groups of people walking out. We actually thought wow..we went at the right time - the busier time so the food must be fresh.

As we walked in and were seated. We were surprised that the main hall was almost empty. There was another dining hall further down that seemed busier due to the party.


I started with the hot food choices and soups since I felt like having hot stuffs. I got hot and sour soup and a plate of crab legs cooked in sauce, a couple of shumay, a dumpling and some sweet sour pork like thingy. None of those seemed to stand out. The shumay were dried (reheated too many times?). The crab legs were cold. I went back to see if they got refilled but it never did. There were no labels on the food items. Some were pretty obvious but others were like mystery.

After that first plate I pretty much had already made up my mind about the rest of the dishes. But..I still want them to prove me wrong so I went and checked out the sushi section. Same as the rest, no labels. I usually like spicy tuna roll. They did have some tuna roll but nothing special. I picked a few rolls that I could identify and moved on. Some of the rolls were too colorful for my palette. I know the orange color fish roe is usually used for sushi. But guess what, they also served some sushi roll with green color (fish roe?).

The lunch buffet was $12.99/person. But I would rather pay a bit more and go to Tatami or even Tomi Sushi.

Oriental Sushi Buffet
780 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95125   (408)985-9988





Comments