De Young Cafe - San Francisco

Located adjacent to the De Young Museum and across from the California Academy of Sciences, this cafe really has an excellent location. Sit down and peruse the menu when you have time or just stop by the refrigerated section by the cashier area to pick up something to go.
Soup of the day - seafood chowder

Me and a friend went there this weekend and the cafe was really busy. There was a line at the cashier area so we picked up a table first since my friend had a young baby with her. Checking out the menu I decided on the soup of the day since I just wanted something light. My friend chose the chopped salad. I paid at the cashier and got a number for our table so the food could be delivered later.



Without knowing what it was I couldn't have guessed that it was seafood chowder. It was light in consistency and very mild in flavor. The soup of the day came with a small roll on the side. Just right for snack without making me too full for a real meal later.

My friend's chopped salad consisted of romaine lettuce with a bit sliced salame and a piece of bread. It looked pretty good.

My soup cost $7 and the chopped salad was $12. Good location to grab a meal in between activities in the Golden Gate Park perhaps. But not really good value for money.

De Young Cafe
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr
San Francisco, CA 94118  
(415) 750-2613

Comments