Rose Donuts & Cafe

Breakfast burrito - it only showed ham, egg and bacon at this point
We went and checked out this place over the weekend after hearing my co-worker swore by the breakfast burritos served there. I couldn't bring myself or convinced hubby to leave house for breakfast so we didn't get there until lunch time.
This place definitely not just a regular donut store. They serve more than that. Fajitas, salad, wraps and breakfast burritos were among other items they sell. In fact, the donut selections were not that great.

 
We placed our orders to go and stood around waiting for them to be made fresh on the spot. The place isn't that big and at the time there was a big group that took up quite some space out of it. It took about ten minutes to get our 2 orders of breakfast burritos and we were out of there.
pico de gallo - a fresh addition to the savory taste of burrito
Back in our car we opened the paper bag and there were two decent size burritos wrapped in foil with two plastic containers of pico de gallo and two plastic spoons. I opened the wrap and bit into the burrito. I got taste of bacon and egg. Chomping down the rest of the burrito I found breakfast sausage, hashbrown (yes, hashbrown), and ham. Very filling indeed and I almost couldn't finish it.  I enjoyed it but I felt that it gave me twice amount of sodium that I need in a day. *phew* Not for people who has to watch their sodium intake.

The price for the breakfast burrito was reasonable. Two burritos only cost us around $11. But remember, cash only !

Rose Donuts & Cafe
1818 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA 95129   (408) 379-3299

Comments