Kyusu Restaurant - San Jose

Burmese style beef stew
We thought of going there a few months ago when I was searching for Burmese restaurant. But then we decided to go to Moh Kitchen in Milpitas instead. But last weekend, we were out with our friends and decided to stop by there for dinner. It was sunday night and we didn't have reservation. We got there at around 6 pm and it was pretty busy. There were a table available but apparently it was reserved for another party. They asked us if we could be done by 7. No problem at all. We were just hungry. That's all.

I don't really know much about Burmese cuisine other than Mohinga (rice noodle fish soup) and tea leaf salad. But apparently our friend ordered a take out before and she liked it. So we decided on tea leaf salad, Mohinga, Tofu gyaw (deep fried homemade Shan tofu), Burmese style beef stew, curry aroma chicken, a noodle dish which I didn't remember the name.



Everyone were hungry so I didn't really take a lot of pictures of the food. The only dish that stood out in my opinion was the curry aroma chicken. The chicken was deep fried and then coated with a sweet fragrant sauce. The deep fried tofu (Shan style tofu) was almost felt like a rip off. The tofu was so thin I hardly tasted the tofu. And the tofu itself was nothing special.

I didn't really taste the tea leaf salad at that restaurant because now I'm sensitive to peanuts and the peanuts were all mixed together in the salad. The beef stew was okay but nothing to write home about. The fish noodle soup was just okay in my opinion. I have never tasted the authentic one but I have tasted a good one made by a Burmese friend so I used his as a benchmark.

I don't think me and hubby would go back anytime soon.

Kyusu Burmese Cuisine
1312 Saratoga Ave
San Jose, CA 95129
408 682 0777



Comments