Kuih Mor

Kuih mor - all coated and ready to be tasted
This year as I looked up the kuih mor recipe I have been using a few times already. Which you could find here on my original post years ago. I realized through out the years that I always find it hard to shape it and it's easily broken apart. So this year I decided to change the amount of flour and I found it easier to work with. I also simplified the steps. No frying the flour. I think the frying flour is more applicable in Asia where the weather is more humid. Here in California we have a very dry weather so I am not too worry of the flour.

*revised 2/9/2016*

Yield : 50-55 balls

Ingredients :
2 stick butter (226 gr) room temperature
350 gr plain flour
1 egg yolk

Icing : confection sugar and milk powder with ratio of 1:1



Method :
 Use a mixer, cream the butter for about 2 minutes. Then add the egg yolk. Continue mixing for another minute. Then add the flour a bit at a time until all the flour is incorporated in. Continue beating for a few more minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) degree.

Using your hands shaped the dough into a ball about 1 inch (2-2.5 cm) in size. Set them on your baking tray. Continue until all the dough get shaped into balls.

Bake the cookies for about 25 minutes. And then set them aside to cool slightly.

While they are still a bit warm, roll them on the sugar milk powder mixture to coat evenly.
Just came out from the oven



Comments