Punjab Cafe - San Jose

There are two locations for this restaurant. But this review was for the San Carlos location. We went there on a Saturday afternoon and saw a big road side sign about their lunch buffet. I could see from outside that there was one table occupied. It was past lunch time so it was a good sign that they still had patrons.

We walked in curious about the price. There was nobody at the register. The kitchen door was open so we could see people busy at the back. We waited for at least a few minutes before a man came out. The price for lunch buffet was $8.99. We went and helped ourselves with our first plates while the man brought our water to the closest table.



My first plate had a samosa, a fried bread (?) with potato filling (?) and all the vegetarian dishes served. I only recognized channa masala but everything else were tasty. I didn't have any rice on my first plate. But the guy that seated us brought us 2 pieces of naan. The size was smaller than regular naan but that was fine because the samosa and the fried bread that I took already filling me up quickly.

My second round I tried a bit of the non vegetarian dishes (chicken tikka masala, tandoori chicken , goat curry and another one I didn't remember). The white rice was a bit too dry for us. The biryani rice was flavorful and had nice chunk of chicken.

For the varieties of dishes and the price, I think this place offered a very good value for Indian buffet. We would definitely be back.

Punjab Cafe
1699 W San Carlos St
San Jose CA, 95128
http://www.punjab-cafe.com/

Comments