Chaat & Currys - Sunnyvale

Spicy chicken seekh kebab wrap
A coworker ordered from this restaurant and recommended the wrap so I decided to bring hubby there. We got there on a Saturday afternoon just before lunch time. I was surprised to see the place was actually very clean and inviting. The strip mall where it was located was sort of old so I was a bit skeptical about eating in.

We ordered butter chicken wrap and spicy seekh chicken kebab wrap. Both we wanted them spicy. If you liked it less spicy just make sure to let them know. Hubby also got the mango lassi which was in the refrigerator next to the counter. Total for those was about $22.

We got a number and took a table by the window. Our view was Tasty Subs and Pizza which door was facing our window. Not long we got our order and our server told us to help ourselves with some sauces at a serving area next to the cashier. Hubby got some tamarind sauce and mint chutney (?).



Okay let's get to the wrap. The wrap came cut into 2 portions so I gave one to hubby and took one of his wrap instead. That way we could tasted both. I started with spicy seekh kebab and noticed that it was pretty salty for my taste. And the wrap was sort of dry. So I drizzled some tamarind sauce and green chutney. The sweetness from tamarind sauce helped balance the saltiness and gave a bit juiciness to the wrap.
butter chicken wrap

Now, the butter chicken wrap was better and a little bit juicier with more balance of taste. But I still feel like it could be more juicy with more butter chicken sauce ? Maybe I was expecting too much of a butter chicken wrap. Maybe I thought it would be like eating naan with all those juice to wipe with your bread. But then that's not a wrap. Anyhow I would order the butter chicken wrap again. But not the spicy seekh kebab.

Inside of the restaurant - bright and inviting

Our rating :


Chaat & Currys
520 Lawrence Expy #310, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408) 746-9192
chaatsandcurrys.com

Comments