Tia Juana - Sunnyvale

camarones ala diabla - prawn in spicy sauce
I have never actually been to the restaurant. Our office is in the neighborhood and we did take out before. I was impressed with their camarones ala diabla - the devilish prawn. I wanted hubby to try it himself. So off we went on a Saturday afternoon.

It was passed lunch time, so the place wasn't too crowded. There were maybe 4 tables occupied. We got a table and our menus. Hubby chose camarones ala diabla as my recommendation. I chose 2 pork tamales.

We munched on the chips and salsa provided while waiting for the orders. Soon the orders arrived. Hubby's prawns came in a big platter with rice, bean and a dollop of guacamole. The prawns had bright red sauce around it tempting me to take a bite. My tamales came with some melted cheese and pica de gallo. Very pretty and delicious. I didn't think they will be served that way. I normally buy frozen tamales or cooked one and eat them at home. But the way they served the tamales was awesome.
Pork tamales - covered in melted cheese and pico de gallo

The prawns were pretty spicy just so you're warned. But if you enjoy spicy dishes you should definitely try this out. The price was a bit high at around $17 but the prawns were big - 15/20 size. Highly recommended.

Rating :

Tia Juana
901 E Duane Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Phone: (408) 730-8578

Comments