Anjappar Chettinad - Santa Clara

A friend brought me here for dinner on a Saturday night. We got there around 7:30 and the place was pretty busy but not full. We got a table for two and got our menus. I have never went to an Indian restaurant and ordered myself. Normally me and hubby would go to Indian buffet which we enjoy because we got to try a few dishes all at once place. So I let my friend did the ordering.

She ordered a goat soup called aattu nenjelumbu which was made with goat meat with tons of spices. It was pretty spicy and had a nice warming effect. By the time we were done I felt warm. Next was the biryani rice with goat which according to my friend was one of their strength. The rice was flavorful and meat was tender. The biryani rice was a bit spicy but more chili was provided along with yogurt for anyone who wanted more flavor.



Another dish that night was a deep fried fish called fish 65. Which was deep fried fish fillet with some spiced up batter. The batter was crunchy and well seasoned. We also tried another chicken curry like dish called chicken kadai. The dish was well seasoned and went well with both biryani and also the naan.

Total meal was $53 (before tips). All in all the food was great. I enjoyed each dish and even had left over to bring home to share with hubby.
spicy goat soup (aattu nenjelumbu) - if you can handle the spice, this soup is so warming 


Anjappar Chettinad
777 Lawrence Expy, Santa Clara, CA 95051
(408) 243-5500

Comments