Pho Co

I remembered seeing this restaurant last time we were at San Jose Vietnam Town area on Story Road. The location was very strategist facing Story Road. So we went and checked it out on a Saturday afternoon. When we got there it was around lunch time and we were debating whether we should be seating inside or outside. Hubby said let's sit inside so we walked in and got a table by the window.

The menu was quite extensive and consisted of items I have never heard before. I guess it's possibly dishes from Northern Vietnam. We know only chicken pho and bun cha hanoi so those two were the ones we ordered.



The pho came in a dark color bowl which I think was the ones they normally use in the Korean restaurant for the tofu stew. An interesting approach for serving pho. The bowl had string of onion and deep fried chicken skin floating. Then digging more into it I found pieces of chicken meat. Most chicken pho that I had tried failed on their chicken meat. Dry meat is not good eat. This place was almost the same. Most of the chicken meat pieces were dry.
bun cha hanoi 

Bun cha hanoi was a bit different than I remembered of bun cha we had in Hanoi. From what I understand bun cha hanoi consisted of meat patties served on a bowl of meat juice and sauce. But the bun cha hanoi here only had two pieces of meat patties which tasted stale and the rest of the meat was thinly sliced grilled pork.

I don't think we'll be back. Nothing really stood out and the price was not very friendly compared to similar restaurants in the area.

Not food related - but colorful umbrellas decorating its ceiling


Pho Co
979 Story Rd Ste 7000
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 829-0922

Comments