Reunion Dinner Welcoming Year of the Dog

Having Lunar New Year eve a day after Valentine's Day was just too much for me. I was ready to not do anything on Valentine's Day. Yup. It's good to celebrate love for each other but I think it should not be limited to that one day. Celebration of love should be done each day and every occasion possible. Anyway, I feel the Lunar New Year's eve dinner is more important. My family has a tradition of having dinner together to welcome the Lunar New Year so it was embedded in me.

Some culture calls this Lunar New Year's eve dinner as Reunion Dinner. I only know them as big gathering dinner where my mom would prepare lots of dishes and we got to eat delicious food and drink our sodas (which we wouldn't otherwise). Anyway, now living far from them makes this big gathering dinner seems more important than ever. Though it's not big since it's just the two of us but I got to share my childhood stories as we eat our dinner.

Cute clipart that was passed around through social media. I take no credit on this.

Comments