Meet on Main - Vancouver, BC

Found this place when looking for a lunch place to meet up with some friends. It's pretty close to where we live. Hubby has mentioned that the area has changed a lot the last few years with more interesting restaurants. We even went grocery shopping at Nesters Market last week just to see what they have to offer.

When I first looked at Meet on Main (MoM) menu online I thought they had a decent size menu. And all those are vegan ? I had to read the bottom of the menu again just to be sure. I was intrigued.

We agreed to meet at 1 pm at the restaurant. When we walked in the place was busy. Like 90% occupied. On a Tuesday afternoon ? That was pretty interesting and this is not downtown area where lunch places could be crowded by office workers.



In our group we had two people ordered butter chikkin and another one ordered noodle-y Thai. I ordered marinated portobello burger and hubby ordered angry burg. I was going to share like a fries or something as appetizer but then realized that my order would come with fries and salad. That's more than enough.

When my order came I thought that's a lot of food. No way I could finish the burger, fries and salad. For CAD14.50 - that's a lot of food for a decent eater like me. So I asked my friend to help himself with the fries. He ordered butter chikkin so he was happy to help me.

Now the verdict. I like portobello mushroom and I think it doesn't have to be seasoned heavily to enjoy it. I think in this case it was overly marinated. I could taste the saltiness in the mushroom. But I enjoyed the crunchy fries with the some mayo dipping sauce.

Hubby's angry burg supposedly was beer battered chikkin nugget with hot buffalo sauce. The sauce was pretty dominant in the vinegary way. I enjoyed it better than my mushroom burger though I normally don't really like hot pepper vinegary sauce.

I also got to try our friends' order the butter chikkin. It tasted pretty much like the non-vegan version except maybe less rich ? I think I would have enjoyed it better with white rice than brown rice. The noodle-y Thai tasted and looked like a pad thai. Probably could have been better had it been spicier.

Last but not least. Me and hubby shared a non-alcoholic ginger brew that was pretty interesting. It was served on the ice with a strong gingery taste but also had a tangy taste to it. And it wasn't very sweet at all. I think it had sugar in it just to balance out the tanginess but it wasn't sweet to taste.

All in all it was a good experience. Since none of us are vegan we would most likely not going back.

MeeT on Main
4288 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5V 3P9
(604) 696-1010


Comments