Rise Eatery - Vancouver, BC

Met up with some friends here for lunch. Read some reviews prior to the visit and was excited to check out. We met up around 12:30 pm and though it was lunch time but it was not busy at all. We requested to sit at the back patio since it was a nice day.

Lunch menu was smaller than dinner with limited choices. The item that I was eyeing for was out. Argh.. I was looking forward to try it. So I settled with Hot Chick Ramen. Hubby chose Seoul Good.

The back patio where we sat had maybe about five tables. There was an umbrella to shade us from the bright sun. Though as the day progressed, we noticed the umbrella couldn't protect us anymore. But I still think it was way nicer to sit outside that day. Inside was sort of dark and uninviting. Night time with the lights on could be better inside.



Hot Chick Ramen as it is called is ramen with chicken char siu and chicken broth. It looked promising when presented in front of me. The topping of corn and seasoned hard boiled egg along with the grilled chicken looked yummy and I was hoping that the broth was spicy as the menu said. But the broth wasn't spicy and it tasted like it got cheese in it. I let one of our friend tried and he said the same thing. The cheese sort of spoiled the ramen for me.



Seoul Good is a combination of kimchee fried rice and fried chicken with mushroom sauce. It's part of the Dramatic Sets which offer small dessert with every order. The order came with a small bowl of colorful mixed pickle of cucumber, pepper, pearl onion, carrot and cauliflower. Very pretty color. And of course as promised, a small dessert consisted of two small chocolate cup filled with blueberry sauce (?) and custard (?).

The kimchee fried rice was okay. But the fried chicken in my opinion didn't quite go with the mushroom sauce. It's a bit too heavy. Again, the fusion of east and west in this dish didn't work for me. I think if the fried rice has been lighter instead of kimchee fried rice which was pretty heavy with the gochujang (red pepper sauce), it might work out with the mushroom sauce.

I think it will be a long time before I visit this place again.




The Rise Eatery
3121 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 3K1
604.559.8280

Comments