Oceans 999 at Pan Pacific - Vancouver, Canada

Our company recently had a holiday lunch here. Lunch was served buffet style with free flow of water, coffee and tea. Not sure if this lunch buffet is offered normally to public because the website of the hotel did not mention anything about it.

Selection was decent. Carving area consisted of turkey breast with stuffing complete with gravy and cranberry sauce. If turkey is not your cup of tea, there were roast beef with creamy wasabi sauce and ham. The beef with wasabi sauce was surprisingly pretty good.

The hot food offered baked salmon with sundried tomatoes;  roast duck breast with glazed balsamic beets and potato gratin with four cheeses. I enjoyed the potato gratin. The potato was cooked just right, still maintaining the integrity and absorbed all the flavor of the cheeses. The salmon felt a bit too plain for me. The duck breast seemed a bit too salty maybe because it was served with sweet beet and tanginess of the balsamic glaze ?



There were a lot of dessert though. From cheese cake, cookies, creme brulee to bread pudding. I am not normally a dessert person but I felt that I needed to try at least a couple so I could give my review here. The creme brulee was actually very good. I only said so because it wasn't too sweet for my palette. The cheese cake and the chocolate cake were both too sweet. The base of the cheese cake actually didn't hold up that well and almost broke apart as I picked it up off the platter.

Looking at the location of the hotel with the view of the bay, I am sure the price of the buffet would be over my regular buffet budget. But the selection didn't really blow my mind away.





Oceans 999 at Pan Pacific Hotel
999 Canada Pl #300, Vancouver, BC V6C 3B5
(604) 662-8111

Comments