Steveston Village Vietnamese Restaurant - Steveston, Canada

We have noticed this restaurant since last time we visited Steveston. And we thought we would be back. Months have passed and we finally had a chance to swing by this past weekend. It was a cloudy windy day so a bowl of hot noodle soup would certainly make the day.

We walked in and was greeted right away and pointed to a near by table. We studied the menu and decided on a bowl of house special beef noodle soup for me and a bowl of chicken noodle soup for hubby. On a last minute thought I decided to try a beef skewer.

The noodle soup came out pretty fast. But I felt that the soup wasn't hot enough to wilt my bean sprout especially because my bowl was small. Hubby's bigger bowl seemed to be hotter. Or was it just my perception. But his chicken noodle soup was better than expected. We have ordered chicken pho in the past and so far hasn't been satisfying. But this one came pretty close to Pho Hanoi in San Jose. The chicken meat was tender and the broth tasted like chicken broth instead of beef broth. The broth was a bit oilier than other pho we had in Vancouver. But I can live with that.



My bowl of house special beef bowl also had oily broth. The broth had a distinct beef flavor and not much of star anise or other spices. There was a decent amount of protein in comparison to the noodle. I can say we were both satisfied with our bowls of noodle soup.

Lastly was the beef skewer. It was labeled as curry beef skewer. Either they actually had two different flavor of beef skewer and we got the non curry one. But obviously the skewer didn't taste much of curry. It was grilled nicely with the a nice grilled mark and barbecue smell. What I didn't expect was the usage of oyster sauce. Well, normally Vietnamese restaurant doesn't use oyster sauce so it didn't cross my mind to ask them. But I got a bad allergic reaction afterwards.




Steveston Village Vietnamese Restaurant
12480 Number 1 Rd, Richmond, BC V7E 0A2
(604) 370-3709

Comments