Muto Izakaya Restaurant - Bellingham, WA

Normally we would opt for Vietnamese noodle soup on our trip to Bellingham. But this time I thought let's look for other option. I am glad we did because we came across Muto Izakaya. And surprisingly the food was very good for a small town like Bellingham.

We got there just around lunch time. The restaurant was pretty spacious though it didn't look so from outside. It was pretty full when we stepped in. We got a table for two and got our menus. I know what I wanted to order since I saw pictures of some of their menu online.

For my ramen order I could order a side with just another $2.50 so I opted for takoyaki. Hubby got tonkatsu curry served with rice. My takoyaki order consisted of four takoyaki, which are round ball made with flour, seasoning and filled with pieces of octopus. The takoyaki was a bit smaller than normal and were not very hot. Probably premade.



My ramen was made with smaller, thinner noodle. The noodle was just cooked right. The broth was on the dark side and most likely pork based. It had tons of green onion as the name suggested - muto spicy negi ramen - spicy green onion ramen. I didn't find it spicy. It was just nice. The broth wasn't too salty so I could still enjoy it. The only thing I felt a bit disappointed was there was no apparent slice of pork like normal ramen would. I found pieces of (fatty) pork belly among slices of bamboo.




Hubby's pork cutlet curry came in a big platter with rice in the middle with cut pork cutlet on top of it. On each side of the rice was curry sauce and salad with light dressing. The curry sauce had a hint of spice but not too spicy. The curry sauce had pieces of beef but it was a bit chewy. The main star was the pork cutlet and it didn't disappoint. Crunchy on the outside and still juicy on the inside. All in all a nice dish.

Muto Izakaya Restaurant
105 E Chestnut St, Bellingham, WA 98225, USA
+1 360-647-3530


Comments